The Spring of Hope Women's Night Shelter offers emergency temporary accommodation, within a warm friendly community environment for women with complex needs. We work alongside other professionals enabling trust to be built and relationships to grow, giving the opportunity to walk alongside our service users in finding appropriate support and accomodation.
What we do
- Provide emergency accomodation for up to 12 women 5 nights a week, on a first come first served basis.
- Provide emotional and practical support to women with complex needs and fleeing from abuse, relationship breakdown and prostitution;
- Help women from all walks of life, often with issues ranging from domestic violence, mental health problems, family and marital breakdown and substance abuse;
- Signpost and support clients to other practical and emotional support including counselling, placement within short-term or long-term housing, accompaniment to court and medical appointments.
- We can accommodate up to 12 women. The night shelter doors open at 10pm on a first come first served basis. Individuals can self-refer but if you are an agency referring someone to the shelter, it is helpful for the team to be informed.
- Doors are closed at midnight. We are unable to store belongings or reserve beds for individuals.
- The shelter is solely run by female staff and volunteers in order to effectively engage with the women who come for help.