The Spring of Hope Women's Night Shelter offers emergency temporary accommodation to vulnerable and homeless women. We provide a warm and safe environment where vulnerable women are able to seek our help confidentially and without fear.
What we do
- Provide emergency accommodation for up to 12 women 5 nights a week, on a first come first served basis.
- Provide emotional and practical support to women with complex needs and fleeing from abuse, relationship breakdown and prostitution;
- Help women from all walks of life, often with issues ranging from domestic violence, mental health problems, family and marital breakdown and substance abuse;
- Signpost and support clients to other practical and emotional support including counselling, placement within short-term or long-term housing, accompaniment to court and medical appointments.
- We can accommodate up to 12 women. The night shelter doors open at 10pm on a first come first served basis. Individuals can self-refer but if you are an agency referring someone to the shelter, it is helpful for the team to be informed.
- Doors are closed at midnight. We are unable to store belongings or reserve beds for individuals.
- The shelter is solely run by female staff and volunteers in order to effectively engage with the women who come for help.