Good clothing and shoes are particularly appreciated by our guests, especially when it's cold and wet outside. These are the items of clothing we've currently got room for:
- Men's and women's socks (new).
- Men's and women's thermal tops and long johns (new and all sizes).
- Men's boxers - small, medium and large (new).
- Women's underwear - sizes 8 - 14 (new).
- Men's jeans and tracksuit bottoms - small and medium (waist 26" - 34").
- Men's jumpers - small and medium.
- Men's gloves - medium and large.
- Women's socks, including shoe and trainer liners (new).
- Women's leggings (all sizes).
- Women's jeans and trousers (sizes 12 and under).
- Women's pyjamas and nighties (sizes 12 and under).
- Walking shoes and trainers in good condition, men's and women's.
- Women's flip flops and lightweight slippers.
Please note that we can't accept clothes or shoes in bad condition (e.g. with holes in).
What about accessories?
We're currently in need of the following accessories:
Backpacks, shoulder bags and large handbags
Can I donate a sleeping bag?
Yes, please – we're accepting all sleeping bags in working condition.
How about bedding?
No, thank you – we can't accept duvets, blankets, mattresses, pillows or sheets.
What toiletries would be helpful?
Like clothing, our guests also find toiletries very useful. We're currently running low on:
Disposable women's razors
What food items do you need?
Certain food donations are hugely helpful in the running of the Wild Goose drop-in centre. Our guests drink a lot of coffee (around 500 cups a day), so sugar and instant coffee are always our most-wanted!
Our 10 most-needed food items
1. Instant coffee
3. Red lentils and other dried pulses
4. Baked beans and other tinned items
5. Tomatoes – tinned, passata, tomato purée
6. Spices and seasoning (salt, pepper, mixed herbs, paprika, chilli and curry powder)
7. Porridge oats
8. Condiments – ketchup, brown sauce, mayo
9. Spreads – jam, peanut butter, honey, Marmite etc.
10. Gravy granules and stock cubes
We're also in need of cornflour, cooking oil, pickles, chutney, and mustard,
Please note that we can't accept food that has already been cooked.
I've got leftover food from an event – would that be helpful?
No, thank you – we can't accept leftover food due to health and hygiene standards.
What about other kitchen items?
Yes, please – there are cleaning supplies and items of crockery which would be really helpful. Please check the list below:
Bowls, small plates, mugs, greaseproof paper, foil, cling film, bleach, washing-up liquid, cleaning/dish cloths and scourers, pump dispenser hand soap.
Can I donate an item of furniture?
Unfortunately, due to the size of our storage, we can't accept items of furniture. However, there are local charities like Happytat
Where and when can I drop my donation off?
Please bring all donations to our main office at 32 Stapleton Road, Easton, BS5 0QY. It would be most helpful if they could be dropped off between 8 and 10am or 3 and 5pm, Monday to Friday – particularly if it's a large donation.
Can you collect my donation?
Our staff team is small, so unfortunately we're unable to collect donations.
Thank you so much for your support.